This year we are celebrating Easter with my family by getting together for brunch. And we’re spending Easter dinner with my husbands family. I’m tasked with making a couple items for each meal so I’ve come up with my very own recipe for our first Easter Brunch.
Who doesn’t LOVE brunch? Breakfast food is my favorite. I literally have a Pinterest Board called – “Breakfast is my favorite“. I had some frozen blueberries in my freezer that I wanted to do something with so I was exploring some ideas on Pinterest. Yum… I had never considered making sweet biscuits… so I decided to give it a try. This recipe was my inspiration: Quick Blueberry Biscuits. I always have Bisquick on hand and I’ve made a dozen batches or more of cream cheese biscuits. Cream cheese biscuits essentially use Bisquick and cut about 4 oz of cream cheese into 2 cups of Bisquick. You add just enough milk to stick the dough together. They are super moist and savory. I decided to merge the two recipes and this is the final result:
Sweet Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Stir together Bisquick and sugar
- Cut in cream cheese using fork or pastry blender
- Mix in milk. A soft sticky dough will form.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Use large cookie scoop to drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 min (or until slightly golden).
- Mix glaze and pour glaze over warm biscuits.
*makes about 12 biscuits